2Revolutions partners with schools & districts to support the design and implementation of integrative learning models
What does the product do?
- 2Revolutions partners with schools, districts and other entities to design learning models that are personalized, learner-driven, applied, tech-enabled, cost-effective and competency-based
How does it work?
- 2Revolutions leverages a proprietary design methodology, an online knowledgebase (2RKB), and a cloud-based network of experts (TalentCloud) in its work with schools and districts
How is it used?
- Schools, districts, for-/non-profits, foundations and state/local government entities utilize 2Revolutions as a think tank, consultant and design studio
What is the background?
- 2Revolutions was founded in March 2008 and is 100% self-funded
2Revolutions partners with schools early in the design process and develops customized solutions based upon rigorous research
2Revolutions designs a customized solution for each school partner
- Rather than pushing a specific model, each 2Revolutions partnership is oriented toward the specific characteristics and goals of the institution
- Though 2Revolutions employs a consistent framework for improved learning and teaching, there is wide room for customization
- Design process is iterative, incorporating feedback throughout
School designs are informed by research into what works and a deep field of experts
- 2Revolutions maintains its own research effort, producing and compiling materials for its KnowledgeBase and design library
- In addition to its core team, expertise is sourced through the company’s Talent Cloud, which recruits freelance specialists on a per-project basis
2Revolutions addresses the spectrum from early childhood through college and career readiness in its design models
- Design partnerships are focused on building up the educational pipeline from birth through age 26
- School design models are oriented toward a range of goals outside of just student achievement
2Rev is creating a new market space by bringing personalized and innovative solutions to a variety of educational institutions
2Rev develops personalized solutions, rather than attempting to replicate a singular model
- Designers have compiled a list of 350+ tech tools to understand how they can be used, with at least an additional 150 pending
2Rev has helped design transformative, end-to-end solutions
- In Manchester NH, worked with design team on the ground over 5+ months to take a 2-year CTE program for 11th and 12th graders and re-launch it as a fully competency-based model
- In Franklin County, VT, a new blended high school model (Academy 21) that emerged through 2Revolutions’ design process was recently awarded a Next Generation Learning Challenge award
- Worked with New Tech Network to develop a 5-year plan for sustained growth and impact for the network of tech-enabled, project-based high schools
An increasingly diverse set of partners are opting to work with 2Rev
- Current partners include large urban and rural school districts, charter management organizations, non-profits, foundations, businesses and government entities
- 2Rev solutions are reaching students in traditional settings (e.g., district and charter schools) and in settings not typically included in innovative reform movements (e.g., informal learning environments, private/religious schools, juvenile detention centers and prisons)